Friday, August 22, 2014

Jason watches LIFE ITSELF

Watching Roger Ebert's life...and death...unfold on screen is really pretty interesting. I have to admit I never really dug his taste in movies. But I always admired his passion for film. And the behind-the-scenes look at some of the very real friction between him and Siskel was pretty interesting (and for all their arguments, they turned out to be great friends.) And his embrace of new media--blogging and tweeting not just about movies but about...well, life itself was really great. I think I really found new appreciation for him as a writer reading his blog (especially as a blogger myself...but if he was  top-tier blogger I would be something like a...fifth tier blogger.) And he will always be my go-to example of the democratizing effect of social media. I was at a film festival, seeing something like my 3rd movie in a 5 movie day, when I checked Twitter on my phone between films and learned--from Roger Ebert--that the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) had been passed. That's pretty cool. And so is this film.


Running Time: 120 minutes
My Total Minutes: 368,268

No comments: